As we go about our daily duties, we sometimes get stressed by the excessive tasks that we may need to tackle, or just naturally develop pain, especially back pain due to our constant sitting in a chair in an office. It all leads to the desire for relaxation and need to rejuvenate our body, mind, and spirit.
Different people find relaxation in a variety of ways; one may need to get off work for a few days, or spend a few hours outdoor and be good. An occasional massage therapy session may also do you good, not just for the sake of relaxation but also for the good of your health. Many people go to their massage appointments for health reasons if not stress related.
In this article, we will outline some of the surprising benefits of getting regular massages to your well-being.
What is a Massage?
There are different types of massage techniques, but in a nutshell, Massage Therapy is where a massage specialist, rubs, presses and manipulates your muscles, skin, ligaments, and tendons. It could be done through stroking at you lightly or applying deep pressure. Common types of massage techniques include:
- Swedish Massage: our trained specialists will use deep circular movements, vibration, tapping, kneading and long strokes to energize you and help you relax. It is a gentle form of massage therapy.
- Sports massage: it is also a gentle form of massage. However, it is mostly applied to individuals involved in sports activities. It is used to help treat and prevent injuries.
- Deep Massage: just as the name suggests, this is a technique for those who want the pressure applied in a massage session to go deeper into their muscle layers. The strokes used are slower and more forceful.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- It improves one’s blood circulation
The pressure applied to different points of your body helps to improve the flow of blood. If your muscles are sore, then, you could benefit from regular massage sessions to aid in easing the pain. It is also considered an effective treatment for those who suffer from chronic back pain.
- It helps you sleep better
After a massage therapy session, you will be able to sleep betters and most importantly, have a restful-sleep. It is also effective in those who are undergoing radiation or chemo therapy. A good massage will help them relax and sleep better.
- It reduces the frequency of tension headaches
If you are suffering from tension headaches, consider booking a massage appointment with an expert massage therapist. A massage will help to reduce the frequency of the tension headaches and also its severity. You will leave the session feeling much better than the way you came in.
- It soothes and improves mood
If you have been to a good if not great massage session, then, you know that feeling of renewed energy that flows inside you, or the great feeling of restfulness, after the therapy session. After a massage session, you will feel relaxed, happy and less stressed.
- It increases Flexibility
The pressure applied during a massage session works your muscles, ligaments, connective tissue and tendons. This, in turn, stimulates the production and retention of the natural lubricants between the fibers of your connective tissue. It is a way to maintain your motion and increase flexibility.
If you weren’t convinced about booking a massage appointment, we hope that knowing the benefits of a massage will help you change your mind. The better part is, massage services are not limited to upscale clubs and luxury spas only but you can now get a good massage at a price range that you can afford.